AOL Phone Numbers & Contact Info for US, UK & International Callers
Every few years I take an entire day out of my life to dial all of the AOL phone numbers you see on this list to keep it up-to-date. AOL constantly shuffles phone numbers around and often disconnects or reroutes them, so this sort of “in-the-field” work is sadly very necessary. As of 10-10-2014, all of the phone numbers and website links you see here work exactly as advertised.
If any US or non-US AOL phone numbers no longer work or if dedicated phone lines for certain departments suddenly reroute to general numbers, or if you find more phone numbers and addresses for AOL that are not listed here, please let me know.
Cancel AOL By Telephone, Online Cancel Form, Fax or Snail Mail in the US
General Member Services in the US, toll-free 8:00 am-2:00 am, 7 days a week:
- Direct line, with no wait, for English-speaking customers: 1-888-758-0297
- AOL Member Services in English (including technical support – just say “tech support” when AOL’s automated system prompts you)
1-800-466-5463, 1-800-827-3338, 1-800-827-6364, 1-866-278-8089, 1-877-773-4462, 1-888-211-3926, 1-888-265-8001, 1-888-265-8003, 1-888-265-8004, 1-888-265-8007, 1-888-265-8008, 1-888-346-3704, 1-888-849-3200
- AOL en Español (Estadas Unitas soledad)
1-800-771-7084, 1-866-885-5117 and 1-888-265-1111
- Hearing-Impaired AOL Members – TTY Service
- Cancel AOL US With the Online Cancel Form
Cancel Form Link and Instructions
- Cancel AOL By Fax in the US
- Cancel AOL US By Snail-Mail Letter
Write to: AOL LLC, PO Box 65100 Sterling, VA 20165-8800. Cancellations should be processed within 72 hours of receipt. Include the following info: Your full name, master screen name, last four digits of the credit card, debit card or bank account number used to pay for AOL, and day and evening contact telephone numbers.
- Delete Your AOL or AIM Screen Name – in the US you cannot call or write AOL to ask them to simply delete your AOL or AIM screen name, but you can get your AOL screen name deleted by “completely” canceling AOL. Read more about how to do that here.
Send Complaints to AOL (US Customers)
- AOL LLC
Attn: Heidi Jongquist, Program Director
Regulatory Order Compliance
PO Box 65571
Sterling, VA 20165-8806
Ms. Jongquist no longer has a working public phone number.
- Complain to AOL US Corporate, 9am to 6pm Eastern Time, Monday thru Friday
1-703-265-1000 (an ex-AOL subscriber reports “miraculous” success canceling AOL with this number) and 1-212-206-4400 (10-10-2014 update: both of these numbers reroute to the main switchboard in Virginia, so you might have better luck trying to reach a specific person using these numbers than you would by choosing the operator or customer support options given on the phone tree menu)
Dedicated Phone Numbers for AOL Members in the US
- AOL Fraud Dept. (10am-7pm EST Monday through Friday)
Report Unauthorized Account Use, Unauthorized Billing, Hacked Accounts
- Reset password (press 1)/Tech Support (press 2)/Reactivate account (press 3)/Access your billing info (press 4)/Signup for AOL (press 5)/Cancel account (press 6)/Other problems and questions (press 7)
- Mobile Help
- Reactivate canceled account – will reroute if needed to other departments, just say the name of the department that you need or press the number they’ve tied to it
1-888-265-4042 and 1-800-381-4006
- AOL US Postmaster (this number is for webmasters only; if you don’t know what a webmaster is or you are pretty sure you are not one and that your issue does not relate to webmastering in general, then please don’t call it)
- Postmaster at AOL
10-10-14: If you’re an AOL customer you can’t reach the Postmaster by publicly available phone numbers or email addresses anymore, but if you’re a webmaster (not a regular AOL user!) who has AOL email issues, now not only can you call the phone number above, but you can also start a Feedback Loop, open a Support Request for Trouble Sending Email to An AOL Member, or Trouble Receiving Email From An AOL Member and peruse a link-list of online help tools. Effective March 5, 2010, the last person at the US Postmaster division will turn the lights out. AOL India will take over AOL’s US Postmaster operations.
Cancel AOL By Telephone, Online Contact Form, Fax or Snail-Mail Letter In the UK
Member Services in the UK
- UK General (including technical support)
0808 234 9279, 0870 320 2020, 0117 919 1100
- Cancel AOL UK With the Online Cancel Form
AOL UK Online Cancel Form
- Cancel AOL by Fax in the UK
0870 320 2016
- Cancel AOL UK By Snail-Mail Letter
Write to: Cancellations Department, c/o Member Services, AOL Broadband, PO Box 387,Southampton,
SO30 9AL. Cancellations should be processed within 72 hours of receipt. Include the following info: Your full name,
master screen name, last four digits of the credit card, debit card or bank account number used to pay for AOL, and day and evening contact telephone numbers.
- Delete Your UK AOL or AIM Screen Name – in the UK you can email AOL at this address: CancelWSAUK@aol.com and ask them to delete your AOL or AIM screen name. AOL explains how to do it here.
Send Complaints to AOL (UK Customers)
- Complain to AOL UK
0844 499 5555
- AOL UK Broadband Users
How to File a Formal Complaint
Cancel AOL by Telephone in France, Germany, Australia and Canada
- All Callers Outside of the UK
+44 117 919 1100, +44 117 329 9100
- Member Services in France: 0-800-903-910, 0892 02 03 04
- Member Services in Germany: 0-180-531-3164
- Member Services in Australia 8am to 8pm, 7 days a week (Customer Service, Cancellations, Billing & Sales): 1 800 265 265
- Member Services in Canada: 1-800-265-4357
Cancel AOL By Telephone Internationally
- All International Callers (toll call):
1-703-264-1184 and +(61 3) 9923 4861
If you’re here to get a phone number to cancel AOL, you may also want to know how to cancel AOL, how to cancel AOL online, how to file a complaint against AOL, how to uninstall AOL, or you may just want to catch up on some news about AOL.
How to File a Complaint Against AOL
You might be on this page because AOL won’t stop billing you after you cancel. In that case, you’ll want to file a complaint against AOL (this link gives you the help you need). Your best bet is to file a complaint with the BBB. Read how filing complaints with the BBB has helped my readers get over $1,200 back from AOL.
See my How-to Section to find more ways to get AOL out of your life.