Call AOL – AOL Phone Numbers, Online Links & Contact Info for US, UK & International Callers
Every few years I take an entire day out of my life to dial all of the AOL phone numbers you see on this list. AOL constantly shuffles phone numbers around and often disconnects or reroutes them, so this sort of “in-the-field” work is sadly very necessary. As of 1-18-2016, all of the phone numbers and website links you see here should work as advertised.
If any US or non-US AOL phone numbers no longer work or if dedicated phone lines for certain departments suddenly reroute to general numbers, or if you find more phone numbers and addresses for AOL that are not listed here, please let me know.
Cancel AOL By Telephone, Online Cancel Form, Fax or Snail Mail in the US
General Member Services in the US, toll-free 8:00 am-2:00 am, 7 days a week:
- AOL Member Services in English (including technical support – just say “tech support” when AOL’s automated system prompts you)
1-800-466-5463, 1-800-827-3338, 1-800-827-6364, 1-877-773-4462, 1-888-211-3926, 1-888-265-8003, 1-888-265-8004, 1-888-265-8007, 1-888-265-8008, 1-888-346-3704, 1-888-849-3200
- Cancel AOL US With the Online Cancel Form
Cancel Form Link and Instructions – ETA, 1-18-2016: you must sign into AOL to complete this form.
- Cancel AOL By Fax in the US
- Cancel AOL US By Snail-Mail Letter
Write to: AOL LLC, PO Box 65100 Sterling, VA 20165-8800. Cancellations should be processed within 72 hours of receipt. Include the following in your letter: Full name, master screen name, last four digits of the credit card, debit card or bank account number used by AOL, and your day and evening contact telephone numbers.
- Delete Your AOL or AIM Screen Name – in the US you cannot call or write AOL to ask them to delete your AOL or AIM screen name, but you can get your AOL screen name deleted by “completely” canceling AOL. Find out how to do that here.
- AOL en Español (Estadas Unitas soledad)
1-800-771-7084, 1-866-885-5117 and 1-888-265-1111
- Hearing-Impaired AOL Members – TTY Service
Send Complaints to AOL (US Customers)
- AOL LLC
Attn: Heidi Jongquist, Program Director
Regulatory Order Compliance
PO Box 65571
Sterling, VA 20165-8806
Ms. Jongquist no longer has a working public phone number.
- Complain to AOL US Corporate, 9am to 6pm Eastern Time, Monday thru Friday
1-703-265-1000 (an ex-AOL subscriber reports “miraculous” success canceling AOL with this number) and 1-212-206-4400 (10-10-2014 update: both these numbers reroute to the main switchboard in Virginia; you might have better luck using these numbers to reach a specific person than by calling other numbers on this page.)
Dedicated Phone Numbers for AOL Members in the US
- AOL Fraud Dept. (10am-7pm EST Monday through Friday)
Report Unauthorized Account Use, Unauthorized Billing, Hacked Accounts
- Reset password (press 1), Sign up/Upgrade/Reactivate/Change account (press 2), Billing/Account (press 3), Tech support (press 4), Repeat options (press 5)
1-888-265-8005, 1-888-265-4042 and 1-800-381-4006
- AOL US Postmaster – for system admins with mail problems, issues with technical security, or legal/law enforcement issues (for webmasters only; if you don’t know what a webmaster is or you’re sure you’re not a webmaster, please don’t call this number!)
- Postmaster at AOL
10-10-14: If you’re a regular AOL user you can’t reach the Postmaster by phone or email, but if you’re a webmaster (not a regular AOL user!) now not only can you call the number above, you can also start a Feedback Loop, open a Support Request for Trouble Sending Email To or Receiving Email From An AOL Member and peruse a link-list of online help tools. Effective March 5, 2010, the last person at the US Postmaster division turned the lights out. AOL India has taken over AOL’s US Postmaster operations.
Cancel AOL By Telephone, Fax or Snail-Mail Letter In the UK
Member Services in the UK
ETA, 1-18-2016: As of this writing I do not have (and have never had) an international calling plan, so I rely on the helpful readers of my blog to keep the international numbers up to date. Please report a non-working number below!
- UK General (including technical support)
0808 234 9279, 0870 320 2020, 0117 919 1100
- Cancel AOL Broadband (provided by Talk Talk Telecom Limited)
- Cancel AOL UK
AOL UK Cancel Instructions and Phone Numbers – ETA, 1-18-2016: you must hit “Escape” on your keyboard as soon as this page loads or it will 301 redirect to help.aol.com, which gives no specifics.
- Cancel AOL by Fax in the UK
0870 320 2016
- Cancel AOL UK By Snail-Mail Letter
Write to: Cancellations Department, c/o Member Services, AOL Broadband, PO Box 387,Southampton, SO30 9AL. Cancellations should be processed within 72 hours of receipt. Include the following in your letter: Full name, master screen name, last four digits of the credit card, debit card or bank account number used by AOL, and your day and evening contact telephone numbers.
- Delete Your UK AOL or AIM Screen Name – in the UK you can email AOL at this address: CancelWSAUK@aol.com and ask them to delete your AOL or AIM screen name. AOL explains how to do it here – ETA, 1-18-2016: you must hit “Escape” on your keyboard as soon as this page loads or it will 301 redirect to help.aol.com, which gives no specifics.
Send Complaints to AOL (UK Customers)
- Complain to AOL UK
0844 499 5555, 0870 3 20 20 20
- AOL UK Broadband Users
How to File a Formal Complaint
Cancel AOL by Telephone in France, Germany, Australia and Canada
- All Callers Outside of the UK
+44 117 919 1100, +44 117 329 9100
- Member Services in France: 0-800-903-910, 0892 02 03 04
- Member Services in Germany: 0-180-531-3164
- Member Services in Australia 8am to 8pm, 7 days a week (Customer Service, Cancellations, Billing & Sales): 1 800 265 265
- Member Services in Canada: 1-800-265-4357
Cancel AOL By Telephone Internationally
- All International Callers (toll call): +(61 3) 9923 4861
If you’re here to get a phone number to cancel AOL, you may also want to know how to cancel AOL, how to cancel AOL online, how to file a complaint against AOL, how to uninstall AOL, or you may just want to catch up on some news about AOL.
How to File a Complaint Against AOL
You might be on this page because AOL won’t stop billing you after you cancel. In that case, you’ll want to file a complaint against AOL (this link gives you the help you need). Your best bet is to file a complaint with the BBB. Read how filing complaints with the BBB has helped my readers get over $1,200 back from AOL.
See my How-to Section to find more ways to get AOL out of your life.